…That’s ‘slip’ on some very old clothes, ‘slap’ some paste onto the wallpaper, and ‘slop’ most of it all over oneself. That’s how we did wallpapering, anyway! 😀
Yes, this past weekend we attempted our first ever go at wallpapering – in the third bedroom. We finally got fed up with that one room being a building site behind the closed door, so decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Last weekend we cleared it out and sanded down the walls and window frame. We also had many, many holes and cracks to fill in – the plaster was in a very bad way and to be honest probably could have done with a total skim. But never mind, we soldiered on, using Homebase’s entire supply of Polyfilla in the process…
Unfortunately we just couldn’t get a finish we were happy with, so decided to line with wallpaper, and paint. We also had to fit some replacement picture rail (turns out it’s not easy to mitre without a mitre saw…)
Here’s some photos to serve as evidence that we did actually do some wallpapering all by ourselves, and I’m sure you will agree the end result of the weekend’s work is far better than how it looked before. Next weekend we will hopefully be able to finish this room off, ready to be carpeted – exciting!